To communicate participants and other members about the resolution, we write resolution letters. This is a special type of informative letter. It is bit difficult to write it as you need to include all details in a much concise manner.
So if you are assigned to write a resolution letter and searching for the answer of the question “how to write a resolution letter?” you have reached to a right place. A sample resolution letter is also given below that will help you to customize your resolution letter. Important tips to write a resolution letter are;
- Include the reference of the resolution in your first paragraph.
- Your first paragraph should be short enough to provide just the introduction of the resolution.
- Include all necessary details in second paragraph.
- You should mention the important points of resolution in second resolution.
In your third paragraph, you should include that how many members agreed to resolution and how many voted against it.
- Some resolution letters are written to ask a response from the recipient. In these letters, reply of letter cast a vote.
- In the end you should thank the recipients for their cooperation and assistance.
- Write your name, address, postal code, phone number in the start.
- Mention the date on which letter will be submitted to concerned person.
- Address the letter to the recipient by writing “Dear Sir / Madam”
- Purpose of the letter should be mentioned clearly.
- Requirements of all Seven C’s of business communication should be considered when writing a resolution letter specially;.• Conciseness, Clarity and Completeness
The letter should be stated in as few words as possible but it should communicate the whole message as well. Your letter should be written in simple and easy language that should not have any technical jargon. Your letter should be complete enough to provide all necessary information to the recipient to take action. Make sure you have included the answers of all W’s in your letter i.e. Who, What, Why, Whom and How.
All the information provided in your letter should be correct. There is no margin of mistake in business. Mistake means you are losing some monetary value. It also gives a bad impact if you say something wrong. Wrongly adding something in your letter has a negative impact on your goodwill as well.
- At the end mention your name and signature.
- Proofread your letter at least once to ensure that all information that has been provided is correct.
Here is sample resolution letter for you.
Sample Resolution Letter
|Name of Recipient:|
Name of Organization:
Dear Sir/ Madam,
This letter serves to confirm resolution with Big Drugs Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for Labeler code(s) 00000 for the period 1Q91-4Q95.
As a result of our unit-based resolution efforts, both parties agree that the attached document accurately reflects the rebate quarters and amount of resolution, including units/amounts dismissed and/or interest if applicable.
Both parties agree to this resolution to date and each party understands that if any information arises which would cause an adjustment to these quarters, each party reserves the right to make such adjustments.
Please confirm your agreement to this resolution of this dispute by signing this letter in the indicated space below and faxing it to my office at (222) 222-2222.
I would like to thank you for your assistance and cooperation in resolving this dispute. I look forward to working with you in the future. If you need any assistance or have further questions, please call >>>>>>>>>>>.
Yours sincerely, / faithfully