A good reference letter can be the difference for the acceptance or rejection of a candidate. You may be a person who is writing a reference letter or a person who is requesting a reference letter.
In any of the case, we shall provide you all information required to write a reference letter.
Some important tips to write a reference letter are given below. Some sample reference letters are also given below that will assist you in writing a reference letter.
- If you are requesting a reference letter
• Ask from the person who knows you and your abilities very well as well as your employer. If you know any person who is close to your employer, he / she can be a better option.
• Give sufficient time to the person to write reference letter. One week is sufficient time for this purpose.
• Tell the person to whom you requested to write reference letter about your objective.
• Mention how you can be benefited to your employer.
• You should include one or two such types of phrases that can be added by the person to whom you are requesting to write reference letter.
If you are writing a reference letter;
• Explain how you know the applicant and how long you have known him/her.
• Mention requester’s competencies.
• Mention how he / she can be benefited for the employer.
• State your own qualifications so that reader can be impressed with you.
• Emphasize key points that you want the reader to take note of on the resume or application.
• List your own contact information
Here is Sample of Reference Letter:
Sample Reference Letters
|Name of Recipient:|
Name of Organization:
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I have known Jane Doe in a variety of capacities for many years. She has been my daughter’s riding instructor for the past several years. In addition, she is my partner in a small business where she is responsible for writing and editing articles and website content.
Jane is organized, efficient, extremely competent, and has an excellent rapport with people of all ages. Her communication skills, both written and verbal, are excellent.
In summary, I highly recommend Jane for any position or endeavor that she may seek to pursue. She will be a valuable asset for any organization.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours sincerely, / faithfully