Once you have decided to stay at hotel, next step is to reserve room. You have two options now, you can call to hotel reception and reserve your room or you can write a letter. Writing a letter is a better option as it provides an evidence for reservation. When you have decided to write a letter for room reservation, you need to consider following points. Some Sample Hotel reservation Letters are also given below that will help you in writing a hotel reservation letter.
- There are different ways to write a hotel reservation letter but you need to make sure one thing that you give hotel staffs all the necessary information, so there remains no misunderstanding.
- Make your Hotel reservation Letter easy to understand. Design it in a way that reader can grasp all main information in just a glance.
Keep it short.
- Include as much information in your opening paragraph as you can. Try to answer five Ws i.e. who, where, what, whom, whom in your first paragraph. In the first paragraph of hotel reservation letter, include following points;
– Your name
– Type of room that you want to book
* Single, double, suite, ground floor, top floor, overlooking the sea, etc.
– Expected duration of stay at hotel
– Number of nights that you will stay
* It is always suggested to include information about the number of nights that you will stay at hotel because it helps the hotel staff to count number of nights you will stay at hotel. Keep in mind hotels count nights rather than days when making invoices.
– Date and Time of Arrival and Departure
– You may write your first paragraph in such way
– My name is Alex and I would like to book a double bed room in your hotel for two nights. I will be arriving on 1st January at approximately 12:00 pm. Departure will be on 3rd January at 10:0am.
- Providing all this information to the hotel staff is very good in your interest. When you will inform them about your expected plan, they will prepare themselves in most appropriate way. Thus, you will be able to enjoy best services out of them.
- As it is already mentioned that ideal hotel reservation letter should be short but complete. You can give all information in one paragraph or maximum in two paragraphs.
- Mention any special needs if you have;
– Some people may have health conditions. For example they may need a quiet room far away from any entertainment facilities.
– Businessmen may need an internet connection in their rooms.
- Contact information: (important)
– Especially your phone number, cell phone or fax number.
Here is a sample hotel reservation letter:
Sample Hotel Reservation Letter
Your Town Name
Your Post Code
Your Country (if applicable)
Your Contact Phone Number
Your Contact Email Address
To The Hotel You Reserved
Dear Sir/ Madam,
My name is Alex and I would like to book a double bed room in your hotel for two nights. I will be arriving on 1st January at approximately 12:00 pm. Departure will be on 3rd January at 10:0am.
I understand that the total cost of $100.00 is to be paid in advance/on arrival/on departure by check/cash (if applicable – as some hotels can be quite fussy about payment type).
I/We look forward to arriving at your hotel (estimate at time if applicable as some smaller hotels prefer to know this) on Your Arrival Day.
Thank you for your time, and if there are any issues regarding this booking, please contact me using the above details.